Monday, September 29, 2008

Never tell a train story...

Lesson 34 - I Can Love Others


The boys had little trouble with today's lesson. They all realized we should love each other and that Jesus and our families love us. I'd say that's a pretty remarkable thing when you consider the number of children who don't feel loved. I was trying to emphasize to them how lucky we all are to have a loving Father in Heaven and earthly parents. I suspect that often we take this for granted. The energy level was high today so I gave them pipe cleaners to play with as we talked.

The real challenge began in sharing time. Sis. Matthews had a real cute story about a train that needed help and finally realized it could pray and ask Heavenly Father for help. Sounds simple enough, right? Well, my "Thomas the Train" fanatics kept interupting her to tell her which train to call to help. They knew every name of all the "good" and "bad" trains and cars from the Thomas the Train show. Somehow I think the message got lost...I guess you need to know your audience...what started out as a great idea ended up as a plug for PBS...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen! Lesson learned. Will not try that one again. Seemed like a good idea when I found it!

Ronna